Tuesday, 22 April 2025

Hangovers, haircuts and crumpets

I've actually had a really good bank holiday weekend! My friend from school had a 2000s themed birthday party on saturday, I forgot to look for something to wear until 6 hours before we had to leave so went as the me I wanted to be in 2008 with everything that my mum hated 😆 everything I needed was in my normal wardrobe, chokers and black eyeshadow included haha even had time to cut my fringe, it was stupid long and very annoying so got the scissors out and fixed it the way I used to as a teenager, did chicken out of doing all the layers with limited time but was saved by a very convenient email from my hairdressers with 20% off 😂 

Sunday was the roast at his mums, unfortunately the side effect of a ridiculous number of jelly shots that not even the midnight feast of mcdonalds chicken nuggets could save me from was the first hangover I've had since I turned 25! 😭😭😭 It was a good 4 year run but turning up to his mums in comfy clothes and crocs with no makeup and a banging head to find her mum there too was enough to make me never want to drink again, she hates her family half the time anyway so that was enough of a shock but please give us warning if there's a shit load more peopleing involved than I've mentally budgeted for ffs! Spent lots of it hiding in the kitchen to avoid them, knee was not happy about standing up for that long but was less uncomfortable than sitting awkwardly in the living room with them 🤣 food was good though, definitely made me feel better! 

Yesterday was my favourite kind of lazy house day, I decided to try making crumpets! Blogger app is rubbish for adding photos but LOOK AT THEM 😍😍 
12/10 would make again, so much nicer than the shop ones! Also had to deep clean most of my kitchen because apparently putting syrup in the sodastream bottle is too much for me, it was somehow it turned into a fountain despite filling it exactly to the line then my first reaction was to put my hand over the top so it sprayed out sideways and covered half the room and me in sticky stuff - my worst kind of sensory hell - and when you have the j handle kitchen doors it sits in them until you wipe it, so much cleaning up for a drink that wasn't really worth it (tbf half the flavouring was on the floor at this point but no way was I touching the syrup again for round 2) 

Should probably get up and do the actual job I get paid for in a min, tried to set alarms today but slept through then for my weird someone needed to cut me open in a hospital that looked my old school gym dreams instead 

K x 

No comments:

Post a Comment