Monday, 14 April 2025

The end of kermit? 🐸

Today has a very important appointment I definitely shouldn't have forgotten about, it's finally barium x ray time! Unfortunately I'm not supposed to eat or drink anything for 6 hours before and because I forgot it was happening until 20 mins ago I didn't set my alarm to wake up early enough to eat breakfast ffs 🙃 Will be very interesting to finally get an idea of what is actually wrong with me, accidentally finding that random Facebook post about people that cant burp 2 years ago might completely change my life! In 2019 doctors finally discovered a thing called r-cpd, basically meaning that some people have very tight throat muscles that don't let air back out the way they should, and the 'frog noises' are caused by the air bubbling up but not being able to go anywhere... I read about this in between doctors appointments where they were testing me for everything under the sun including all types of food allergies and intolerances and when I showed him he googled it, agreed that was almost definitely the problem and referred me to ENT on the spot! (Genuinely would've been the end of my whole world if I'd had to give up cheese, that was number 3 on my reasons to live list after E and the cats 😂) Fast forward to December and they were finally about to operate for the balloon dilation thing to try and force the muscles to open up a bit, when I was sat in my hospital bed the surgeon came and offered to give me details of someone who can do the botox treatment for it instead (not through nhs, they don't do that yet) but since I was already starved, stabbed, uncaffeinated and forced out of my own bed at the butt crack of dawn I decided to stay and let them try the balloon/camera thing! No one was expecting what they found - so much damage from acid reflux I couldn't properly feel and muscles so tight they couldn't even get the camera in far enough without risking tearing something! Coming out anaesthetic was interesting, my first word was meow and the nurse said she'd seen my pawprint tattoos on my back, I was lying on it so really confused about what they'd done to me 😂 they wheeled me back round so many corners, past E in the waiting room (I had no idea it was him haha) and spent the next 2 hours sulking because they didn't have any jelly left 🤦🏻‍♀️ just before I finally managed to stagger out of there the other surgeon came to see me and said they thought it was more of a structural issue than functional aka there's too much muscle in there??? So now I have to drink a bucket of chalky crap while they x ray me to work out what the hell is going on in there, my already very rare disorder just got weirder 😂 might beg E to take me to mcdonalds on the way home, I was saying yesterday how I haven't had a creme egg mcflurry yet this year! But feels like finally having a light at the end of the tunnel, if they can fix this I dont have to live with the bloating any more, I had to buy maternity jeans at one point because it was so bad I looked 5 months pregnant! Would also be nice to drink properly on a night out, at the moment I can't physically drink that much of any liquid so even getting tipsy is a mission without just doing shots 😂 
Bye for now, 
K x 

No comments:

Post a Comment